Windstream introduces Fixed Wireless service in Salt Lake City that gives local businesses more high-bandwidth telecom options.
High-bandwidth services delivered via dedicated wireless connection provide enterprise customers with more reliable telecom services, alternative to fiber solutions.
SALT LAKE CITY — Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN), a leading provider of advanced network communications, has launched Fixed Wireless access in Salt Lake City, Utah. The introduction gives local businesses – including those in the region’s important financial services, real estate, tourism and high-tech industries – another option for secure, reliable and high-bandwidth telecommunications services.
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless access services provide companies with Ethernet connectivity via a dedicated microwave wireless connection. Windstream is the first major provider to bring Fixed Wireless to Salt Lake City, and its solution is designed to meet the high-availability requirements of companies that rely on the cloud for their most important software applications.
“Salt Lake City is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country, as people drawn to the business climate and quality of life continue to ‘discover’ it,” said Chris Nein, regional president of sales for Windstream. “But that growth can challenge the infrastructure of a city, and many businesses struggle to access the network services they need. Our diverse voice and data solutions will give Salt Lake City businesses true high-bandwidth alternatives that both complement and replace existing fiber options in a reliable and secure manner.”
Windstream’s Fixed Wireless access service provides Salt Lake City companies with:
• A highly reliable alternative to fiber- and copper-based services
• A quickly-deployable supplement to those services, immediately bolstering access to the cloud and providing critical business continuity in the event of service interruptions from fiber- and copper-based services
• High reliability and uptime with 99.99 percent availability and SLA
• Scalable bandwidths ranging from 1 Mbps to 1 Gbps
• No shared single point of failure with fiber as a result of engineering that routes to alternative gateways over the airwaves
• Rapid deployment to buildings of all types and in a variety of locations
• Support for private line, MPLS with Quality of Service (QoS),Voice (SIP or TDM) and dedicated Internet
• High security with the use of encryption that provides enterprise-class protection to data and communications
Salt Lake City-area businesses in industries such as financial services, government, healthcare, professional services, engineering, retail, hospitality and manufacturing are among those that have the strongest need for reliable, secure, high-bandwidth services because of the types of applications they use, the way those applications rely on the cloud, and the regulatory requirements they face. Because of the landscape of fiber- and wire-based telecommunications infrastructure in Salt Lake City, these companies cannot always obtain the services they need.
In many cases, these companies are also seeking more diversity in their telecommunications services, ensuring that operations do not come to a halt if there is an interruption to their main telecommunications service. Fixed Wireless access from Windstream solves both of those challenges.
Show Comments (0)